Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Welcome Spring!

005


Today officially ushers in spring!  I've heard it may snow a little bit tomorrow, but I haven't brought myself to look at the weather.  This first day of spring has been gorgeous!  We started planting our garden today...we're a bit behind, I know.


003


Here's the first picture of this year's garden.  They don't look like much now, but I love when the first little sprouts break through the soil!  I tried to find some flowers to photograph in honor of spring, but the only live flowers I could find were so tiny I needed the Super Macro.  Then I just supplemented with a shot of the fake flowers on my door wreath :).


011           018


The craft for today was making little pom pom caterpillars.  The idea came from a craft in the Oriental Trading catalog.  Normally, I am more than happy to support that company by ordering their products, but Kaitlyn really wanted to do this craft today.  So I improvised with things we had on hand. And once they were made, we of course had to take them outside....



 014


I also started my determined quest to replace my Scholastic book club addiction with regular trips to the library.  So Kaitlyn and I went to the one right down the street today.  She got to play in the activity center and with the educational computer games, so she had a blast.  I was also thrilled to find that they carry a ton of Thomas the Train and Veggie Tales videos!  Why didn't I use the library before, I wonder.  Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment