Friday, March 15, 2013

Easter Crafts

Our computer is finally back up and running!  I'm going to share a few Easter crafts I've done with the kids over the past week and a half.  It's funny because you can never really tell which crafts will be a hit with the kids and which won't.  I thought the chicks in an egg craft would be one that the kids would love, but that was actually the least favorite of the below crafts.  Every kid has a different craft personality, but I think it's good to try a wide variety, even if some are a flop with the kiddos :).

006  005

Here's the chick in an egg craft.  I thought it was adorable.  And don't get me wrong, the kids thought these were cute...they just weren't as into them as they have been into other crafts.  These are made from foam sheets, with foam flower stickers.  We used glue sticks to attach everything and a small brad to make the hinge.

043  045

I'm a sucker for anything that includes the kids' hand or footprints, so I fell in love with this Angel craft idea the moment I saw it. We just used cardstock, stickers, glue sticks and markers to make these.  The body is their footprint and the wings are their handprints.  Both kids really enjoyed having their feet and hands traced, and they really liked the final product.  Kaitlyn was much more into the decorating than Colton though.  As you can see, she even decorated herself!

048   050

051

And then there's my favorite craft of the week!  These little styrofoam bunnies are sooooo cute!  The kids had a great time making these.  They got to participate in every step of the craft, so that kept them happy and involved.  They cut the pipe cleaners (with a little bit of help) and stuck them into the styrofoam eggs.  Then they placed the eyes and used a glue stick to add little cottonball bunny feet.  These are still getting a lot of play time!

No comments:

Post a Comment